TO ORGANISE A CONSULTATION OR ADMINISTRATIVE QUERY CLICK ON THE HEALTH CENTRE BUTTON
FOR PATIENTS REGISTERED AT PLAS MENAI HEALTH CENTRE
If you are a patient of Plas Menai Health Centre you can access the services in one of three ways:
- You can click onto the image to the right and complete one of our electronic consultations. You can do this for a clinical or administrative service. This bypasses the need to place a call with us and will benefit many of our patients.
- You can call us direct on 01248 680021 and speak with one of our care navigators. We ask that you support their efforts and provide to them the information they seek to help you gain the best service.
FOR PATIENTS REGISTERED AT LLYS MEDDYG AND GYFFIN SURGERIES
If you are a patient of either Llys Meddyg or Gyffin Surgeries, then you can access the services in one of three ways:
- You can click onto the image to the left and complete one of our electronic consultations. You can do this for a clinical or administrative service. This bypasses the need to place a call with us and will benefit many of our patients.
- You can call us direct on 01492 596381 and speak with one of our care navigators. We ask that you support their efforts and provide to them the information they seek to help you gain the best service.
Home visits are only available for the housebound and seriously ill.
We expect children to be brought to the surgery.
Requests for a home visit should be made before 10am and those non-urgent ones received later than this will be put forward to the next day.
Please give the care navigators as much information as possible to help the doctor prioritise your need.
We can see far more patients in surgery than by doing house calls and you will usually be seen more quickly.
You can be visited at home by a community nurse if you are referred by your GP. You should also be visited at home by a health visitor if you have recently had a baby or if you are newly registered with a GP and have a child under five years.
Try our Mobile App
Our mobile 'app' can be of real value in accessing our service and keeping up to speed with the information that is key to our services.
To download our app, visit either the Play Store or the Apple.Store and search for 'My Surgery App', choosing then the health centre/surgery that is relevant to you. Otherwise connect to one of the following links:
Information about our 'Electronic Consultation' service
We use 'AccuRx' as our chosen method of electronic consultation.
AccuRx provides you with the opportunity to access our service without the use of a phone. It allows you better opportunity to access our service when it is most convenient & to upload documents and photographs.
AccuRx is a secure platform and the data you send will only be seen by staff who have a 'need to know' in order to support you.
We aim to respond to your contact through AccuRx within 3 working days and if the clinician assesses your concern and decides you need urgent attention, then they should contact you to arrange an appointment.
Health Professionals wishing to Access our services
If you are a health professional wishing to access our service, we ask that you:
- Click on the appropriate access icon for the relevant health centre/service [above];
- Complete an AccuRx 'requesting an admin' service;
- Complete in the 3rd party if you are doing so in respect of a patient 'ie leading with the patient details' - please ensure that the patient details are primary and that any documents of consent are uploaded to your submission.
On doing this you will recieve a response within 48 hours.
Our ACCESS Standards
We are intent on achieving a ‘standard’ which enables you to access our primary care service in a variety of methods, in a timely fashion and with appropriate and safe response. Our standards are specific. They are:
Standard 1 – People receive a prompt response to their contact with a GP practice via telephone.
Standard 2 - Practices have the appropriate telephony systems in place to support the needs of people avoiding the need to call back multiple times and will check that they are handling calls in this way.
Standard 3 - People receive bilingual information on local and emergency services when contacting a practice.
Standard 4 - People are able to access information on how to get help and advice.
Standard 5 - People receive the right care at the right time in a joined up way which is based on their needs.
Standard 6 - People can use a range of options to contact their GP practice.
Standard 7 - People are able to email a practice to request a non-urgent consultation or a call back.
Standard 8 - Practices understand the needs of people within their practice and use this information to anticipate the demand on its services.
Requesting Private Activity
The Llanfairfechan Group Practices Partnership provides private activity in support of the patient need. These activities will include:
- HGV Medicals;
- Insurance claim requests;
- Responses to solicitors.
Private activity however is done at the partnerships discretion and will not be prioritised above the demands of the NHS contract.
As private services fall external of of the NHS contract, the partnership is entitled to place a fee on the work required.